Amber found a recipe for a quick, simple, and amazing salad the other day that we whipped up. I’m a big fan of it so thought I’d post the directions:
Butternut Squash, Feta and Arugula Salad
- 1 Medium butternut Squash
- Arugula (1 bag)
- Crumbled Feta (1 container)
It’s quite simple:
- Peel and cube the squash into approx 3⁄4” cubes.
- Toss in a roasting pan (or 2, the squash should be all in 1 layer) with olive oil, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a 425 oven until crispy but not burnt. (35-40 mins) In retrospect, tossing around partway through would have been a nice addition.
- Toss with the feta and then toss in the Arugula. Serve.
We had a gap between 3 and 4, so I reheated the squash in a microwave just before assembling and serving. It seemed for sure like you’d need some kind of dressing, but between the oil the squash had on it, the squash itself, and the melting feta, the whole thing was a great blend between soft/crispy and sweet/savory.
In a related note, we really need a digital camera.